What do you do when you suddenly find yourself with too much time on your hands? Experiment with food, of course! And today, I managed to cook this dish for the first time. Et voila! Sweet and Sour Fish!
1/4 cup of flour
Del Monte Quick ‘n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix
pineapple (forgot this when I went shopping *facepalm*… but I plan to add these next time ^_^)
Now, I just followed some of the basic instructions at the back of the mix so this wasn’t much of an original recipe. 😀 But I did add the taters, a teaspoon of brown sugar, and some apple cider vinegar. Here’s the shortcut version of how I cooked this scrumptious dish.
1. Slice the fish into small slices. Thick strips are okay. Season with salt.
2. Cut all the veggies into strips as well. Never mind my potatoes here. Obviously, I wasn’t thinking when I was cutting them. 😛
3. You mix the egg and flour for batter and dip the fish and fry them. Set aside.
4. Dissolve the sweet and sour mix powder in half a cup of water.
5. Sauté the veggies all at once. When cooked, add the sweet and sour mix, and then simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Add brown sugar and apple cider vinegar/vinaigrette according to your palate. 🙂
For this dish, I added some potatoes because I spied a bunch of them in our crisper. And besides, I love taters. 😛
Rating: 10/10 ^_^
‘Til next epicurean experiment. Buon apetito!